1866: Beginnings of Hallesche Maschinenfabrik und Eisengiesserei AG through the establishment of Maschinenfabrik Riedel & Kemnitz as an offene Handelsgesellschaft (OHG general partnership).
1869: Establishment of Maschinenfabrik Wegelin & H as a Handelsgesellschaft (registered trading company) by the engineers Albert Wegelin and Ernst H In leased workshop rooms, they initially began by building distillery apparatus as well as filter presses, steam engines, steam and air pumps for sugar works and breweries.
1872: Establishment of Hallesche Maschinenfabrik und Eisengiesserei AG. In October, Riedel converted the OHG into a joint stock company and at the same time the production facilities were expanded. Wegelin & H and Hallesche Maschinenfabrik und Eisengiesserei AG had virtually the same production profile machines, apparatus and complete plant for sugar works, breweries and distilleries as well as steam engines and pumps.
1886: Production of ice and refrigeration machines and complete systems. Start of production of ice and refrigerating machines, initially using the absorption method with ammonia as a coolant.
1899: Maschinenfabrik und Eisengiesserei Wegelin & H is converted into a joint stock company.
1901: Merger of Wegelin & HMaschinenfabrik und Eisengiesserei AG with Hallesche Union AG - Maschinenfabrik, Eisengiesserei und Kesselschmiede to form Wegelin & HMaschinenfabrik und Eisengiesserei AG.
In 1913, the brewery testing institute in Berlin was equipped with the 1st ammonia compression plant with pumped refrigerant circulation.
1934: Development of the new S compressor series as an upright twin-cylinder model for ammonia in Hallesche Maschinenfabrik und Eisengiesserei AG. The firm Wegelin & H built the first and largest block ice factory in Germany with block sizes of 6000 x 3000 mm and a weight of 5 tonnes each.
1945: Hallesche Maschinenfabrik und Eisengiesserei AG was considerably destroyed by the bombing raids on 31 March and 6 April.
1946: Hallesche Maschinenfabrik und Eisengiesserei AG and Wegelin & H Maschinenfabrik und Eisengiesserei AG were transferred to ownership by the province of Saxony establishment of VEB Maschinenfabrik Halle (VEB = GDR state-owned company). From 1946 to 1950, building on the experience of "Wegelin & H, a new compressor series was developed for the refrigerant ammonia.
1948: Assignment to NAGEMA - VVB Nahrungs- und Genussmittelmaschinen with head office in Dresden. In 1949, a centrally managed development and design department, a so-called ZEK, was formed.
1952: Takeover of production of the VN224 compressor from Germania in Chemnitz.
1953: Establishment of VEB Konstruktion und Entwicklung ftetechnische, Lufttechnische und Wetechnische Anlagen (state-owned company for the design and development of refrigeration, ventilation and thermal systems) with the managements head office in Dresden. The first alternating current compressors with concentric working valves were developed in the years up to 1958.
1956: Takeover of refrigeration engineering of 1. MAFA Karl-Marx Stadt (Chemnitz) and subsequent relocation of compressor production to Halle. Construction of plate freezers with brine cooling and ships? refrigeration systems as well as the development and production of shell-and-tube apparatus.